2018 – Big Year for SWFRTP; Looking Forward to 2019 for Even More!
Welcome to 2019 and another exciting year ahead for the SWFRTP! 2018 was a banner year for the Southwest Florida Regional Technology Partnership Foundation! We grew our membership and sponsorship exponentially, and provided increased value and support to the communities we serve through these incredible accomplishments:
- 500% increase in STEM donations and scholarships provided to students at all levels involved in STEM and Robotics.
- 300% increase in Thursday TechTalks events with relevant topics ranging from Cyber Security, Disaster Recovery/ Business Continuity to User Interface/Experience, AI/5G/IoT, Patent/IP Protection and How to cultivate investment interest for entrepreneurial endeavors.
- Expanded our venues to include Naples Accelerator, Babcock Ranch and IMAG Science and History Museum.
- Held our most successful TechMatch job fair to date in partnership with FGCU and CareerSource with over 220 job seekers in attendance and 21 area companies represented.
- Record attendance (135 people) for our STEM TechTalk event promoting FIRST Robotics to students in SW Florida and encouraging mentorship from our SWFRTP community.
In the fall of 2018 we decided it was time to refresh our branding. This was another opportunity to feature the talented students here in SW Florida by holding a design contest for a new logo and tag line. Congratulations to our winners, Marlissa Curley and Armand Procacci! Keep watching our website for our new look coming soon!
We are excited about the prospects for 2019 with your involvement, volunteerism and support. We will be offering member only events starting in 2019 and begin to redesign our Website to reflect the new logo and tag line. Our mission remains strong and with your participation, we will keep the technology momentum going!!